BOO

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

From the homeplace.

Wednesday

I can't believe it is December already. Time is flying by. We have enjoyed a week without rain. Been cold during the day--only up to high 30's and low 30's at night. Gray and overcast during the day, but dry and we appreciate that. Dad has been busy working outside some of the day and on the computer most of the afternoon. He's scanning in pictures and documents from his mother. Hope we can figure out what to do with them once they are all scanned in!

I cleaned out the chicken coop this morning. Old straw and thick layer of chicken droppings hauled to the garden. Fresh layer of straw in the coop. The hens are happy campers now. The two baby chicks are getting feathers and seem to be doing OK. We got 18 eggs so far today. Most days we do not get that many. I have a buyer that will take all the eggs I can get him so I don't have eggs stacking up in the refrigerator.

Rex and Michelle brought us an elliptical trainer so Dad and I have been working out a few minutes a day. So far 5 minutes is about all we can manage. Hope to work up to longer time soon. When I was at Katies, I was doing 30 minutes on the trainer at the community center so I know it is possible to do, I just have to work back up to that. Dad walks about an hour every morning and is also working on the elliptical. It gives us sore muscles so know it is working different muscles.

This is our temple weekend so we will be in Medford Friday and Saturday. Dad has a doctor's appointment next Wednesday so we will go down Wednesday, go to the Bishop's storehouse to pick up an order for a sister in the ward, go to the MD, do a couple of sessions at the temple, spend the night in a little river cabin that we stayed in once before, do one session at the temple on Thursday am and then come home in the afternoon. Will also go to Costco.

Costco is planning to build in Roseburg in the next year, if all goes well. We are HOPING!

Our goal for the coming year is to keep in better contact with our family. We are hoping the blog will help make that possible. We really enjoy knowing what is going in in your lives!

I'm going to call Haley and have her help me tweak the blog a bit to make it more easier to use, etc.

We love you all!

Mom and Dad
G'ma and G'pa
Lynn and Dennis

1 comment:

Haley and Jon said...

Do call me. Sorry we never connected before. I should be able to answer most questions...hopefully. I think this is a great idea.