BOO

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Life in Dixie

The Soli family is doing well here in Dixie. Simpson just got a new position with Redcliff Ascent. he is now the intake coordinator, so no more freezing nights out in the desert. We are really excited for him, it is a great opportunity plus he gets to be home every weekend. YAHOO!! I am also working for Redcliff as a therapist. currently that is my only job I work 2 days a week. It has been nice to be home more, but we do miss the extra income.

Thanksgiving was AWESOME at Ben and Linda's house. We had such a great time. The kids are still talking about visiting their cousins. It was so good for our kids to play and associate with their cousins. With all the kids running around some would say it would have been caos, but it really wasn't. everyone played so great together and got along great. Thanks Ben and Linda for such a wonderful holiday. Maddie we wish you could have been there too.

Christmas was quiet. We stayed home so Santa could find us. His pack was light this year, but no one has complained. The biggest thing we got was a Wii. It has been so fun playing with the kids. I must say I enjoy racking up those high scores and trying to beat Simpson too.

Beth turns 7 next week. I can't believe how fast the time flies. She is in first grade and is becoming a good reader. She struggled so much last year with reading I was kind of worried, but she has really improved this year. She still struggles with learning and paying attention in school, but she enjoys being at school. Beth is such a big helper. she wants to help me with whatever I am doing. She especially loves to help with cooking meals.

Nick is in Kindergarten. He LOVES school, but I think for all the wrong reasons. He is so social it is difficult for him to pay attention, or remember to follow rules. He just wants to be with his friends and be the "cool" guy. He informed me the other day that all his "cool shirts" were dirty so he didn't know what to where to school. I asked him if he ment cool like not hot and he said "no. like awesome". I had to chuckle about that. He loves the Wii, it gives him a chance to exercise his super competative nature. He is a great big brother I can always count on him to play with Quintin when I need him to.

Dennis is 2. need I say more? He is ferociously independent one minute and super clingy the next. He keeps us laughing fo sure. He is way to smart and keeps us on our toes. He gives great hugs and tells us he loves us often. He likes to play guns and can turn anything into a weapon. It crack me up when I catch him putting a pencil in his wasteband, then pulling it out to "shoot bad guys".

Quintin is 7 months old next week. He is growing and learning too. He is about 20lbs. not huge, but not tiny either. He can almost pull his knees under him. I expect he will be crawling soon. He can already roll around the living room. We can't leave him on the floor alone anymore. he is getting mobile. he has started saying dadadada. Simpson loves that. (I do to it is so cute). He is such a happy baby, even when he is sick he is quick to smile and interact with you.

I know this was kind of long, Sorry. I hope all of you are doing well. I would love to hear more from everyone. We send our LOVE to each of you. you are in our thoughts and prayers.

No comments: