









Mom and I took Beth, Nick, Dennis, Quintin, Meg and Roman to Vancouver to see Rachelle and then on to Ilwaco to see Ranelle. Here are a few pictures from the trip. The cousins had SO much fun and got very little sleep over those four days.
We got up to Rachelle's Sunday evening and discovered that she had a water pipe break and her house was starting to flood..(I will let Rachelle post all the details). We stayed there that night and left Monday morning for Ilwaco, WA. It was so nice to see Ranelle! She took us to a really great beach called Beard Hollow, I think. It was a little chilly, but beautiful. We brought out the cupcakes for Nick's 6th birthday and celebrated ocean side. The kids played and collected crab shells and sea shells for about an hour, then they had enough and were ready to go get warm. I could have stayed there all day long and enjoyed the sounds of the waves....
After we got back to Ranelle's, a few of us walked to the boat docks with Ranelle, with her connections, we were even able to get on a boat. The kids thought that was so cool! All too quick it was time to get back on the road. Thank you Ranelle, we had so much fun! I really think you need to be a tour guide for children, you are so great!
Tuesday we spent with Rachelle, I just love hanging out with her, she always makes us feel so at home. Then Wednesday morning, we headed home. On the way home we stopped at the Portland Temple and let the kids see the fountain and the beauty of the temple. Quintin liked walking all the way around the fountain. The bigger kids threw some pennies in and made a "wish"
We made it back to our house around 5:00pm. Roman fell asleep by 6:00pm. He was exhausted! We all had a great time together!
1 comment:
I miss them so much, but it looks like they are having a fantastic time. XOXO to everyone
Post a Comment