Dad and I went to Jack Lott's funeral today. It was a nice service to honor a good man. Jack was always looking for ways to help others. I'll remember him for that. I helped with the luncheon afterwards. I think they had about 90 family members there. A big crowd! All their children were there except Leland. They have 36 grandchildren and 43 great grandchildren. WOW!
This afternoon we went to watch Treyse play basketball. He was really on his game today and made 23 points. Fun to watch them play when they do so well.
Yesterday we went to Bill and Fran's for dinner and family home evening. We each told a little about a couple of our ancestors. I talked about Mom and Grandma Miller. Dad talked about his mother and grandmother Jensen. It was a very pleasant, enjoyable night out.
Dad is building another chicken run, next to the run we have so we can rotate where we put the chickens. They have eaten the one run down to the bare ground so we neeed to let that one have a chance to grow back. I threw some buckwheat, amaranth and wheat seeds in there, so hope they will grow. Probably need to get some rye grass seed as well. We get 14-18 eggs every day. The feed store buys all the eggs we don't give away.
We have had a few nice days with sun. The nights have been cold--ice the last 3 nights--but the days beautiful. Back to rain today though and supposed to rain for a week at least. We are starting to think about gardening and what we want to put in and where to put it. It's that time of year!
The daffodils and daphne are blooming. Spring is coming!
Our love to all!
Mom and Dad/Lynn and Dennis/g'ma and g'pa
No comments:
Post a Comment